Joining the CNY Hackathon Discord server
The following instructions will get you connected to the CNY Hackathon Discord server and then into your team's channel for the competition.
- Follow this invite URL to join our Discord Server
- If you do not already have a Discord account: Enter a username and click continue
- If you do already have a discord account: Click on Already have an account?
- Join your team channel by sending a private message to Hacky with your team password
- You should have received your team password via email.
- Find the Hacky bot in the member list. It should be at the top of the list.
- Right click on Hacky and send the bot a direct message with the following text: >>register TeamPassword
- Be sure to include the >> and enter the password exactly as you see it in the email; it is case sensitive.
- Hacky will then add you to the Blue Team and your team channel.
- Blue team members should also see additional competition channels (Black Team, Red Team, CTF, etc.)
- Catch one of the Black Team members in the registration channel if you run into trouble.
- Be sure we know who you are when you ask for help.
- We should all be familiar with tech support here. Include the info you know we'll need. Help us help you.
- Please don't spam the registration channel with unreleated questions. Those belong elsewhere.
- After you've registered, if you need help:
- Pop info the #blackteam-open channel
- Summon us to your team channel with the @Black Team tag